Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Update

The weekend is almost over, and here's how it went down.

To Do Dew, or Not To Do Dew? How did I Dew?

You may remember earlier this week when I discussed my future Mountain Dew consumption?  If not, check it out here. This week marked the first in three that finally saw some improvement on my weight loss goals.  I was able to knock of two pounds this week.  This means that I will continue to try and eat smaller and healthier portions, but continue to indulge in one can of dew a day.  I will revisit the subject again if need be.


Movies: The Cock-Block of Gaming.

Now don't get me wrong, I probably watch more movies that the average, but sometimes it just seems a little impersonal.  A few days ago I talked about gaming with strangers, unfortunatly the gaming was derailed by a movie.  The plan was to spend the day hanging out with one of Ashli's ex-coworkers.  Ashli was really looking forward to seeing her friend, and catching up.  That didn't realy happen, because people tend too get upset when you talk durring the movie.

Side rant: I have never understood the allure of getting together with friends you haven't seen in a while and sitting in a dark room silently for an hour and a half.  For that matter it makes even less sense when several members of the group have never even met before.  Alas, it is the society we live in a guess, maybe thats why dinner and a movie is such a popular first date? If dinner doesn't go well... at least you don't have to talk to her any more.

so... where was I?  Oh yeah, game night was a flop.  There was however one positive note to the evening.  I found that I had a comment from Chris Norwood, who was sharing his thoughts on gaming with strangers.  Chris writes the blog GamerChris, which is one of the many board gaming blogs I read regularly.  Personally I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that people I know, care about what I have to say, so to see that someone I have never met has read and responded to my blog is awesome.  Even though Chris is just like any other guy who likes to play games, his comments are a bit like having JK Rowling compliment the doodle of Dumbledore you drew on the back of you math book. I better move on before I start to sound too much like a teen just back from a date with Justin Bieber.


The Week Ahead:

Next week is looking to be pretty average. Tanga has been selling Z-Man games this week, and I picked up Campaign Manager the other day.  Its wishful thinking to expect it this week, Tanga is not known for their shipping speed.  If it does come in I'll let you know.  I have also been brainstorming some ideas for additional posts.  So far my posting has been pretty much fluff about starting a blog, I hope to get some more serious posts done soon.  I'm a much better talker than a writer, but if I force myself to keep at it, someday maybe I will develop a written voice to match my spoken one.

No comments:

Post a Comment