Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lets Get it Started

Welcome to my blog,

This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now, then I read the blog of my friend Chris.  I had intended to start writing for the new year, but you will have to put up with a February start instead. 

So, what can you hope to read about at "Simply Max"?  Well... I'm not entirely sure yet.  I know i have a lot of things to say ( just ask anyone who knows me), but I'm not sure that people will actually enjoy reading that on a regular basis.  I don't really believe many people are going to be reading this on a regular basis, either.  For the time being at least I guess that means that I will just write about what i would want to read about.  Looking at the list of blogs that I read daily I can tell you a few things that you might see.

  • Board Games - Probably my most prominent hobby is collecting, and playing board games.  I'm not sure what I will say about them yet, but you can bet your grandpa's dentures I will talk about board games. 
  • Personal Finance - Quite a few of the blogs I read deal with personal finance. I'm not sure what the draw was fro me, but as I read articles i like I will probably discus them here.
  • Frugality - This is another topic that goes hand in hand with the personal finance blogs I have been reading.  For the purposes of my writing, I will focus on frugality as a means of spending money the things that enrich my life the most, while avoiding frivolous purchases.
  • Life Experiments - Although "experiments" isn't the word I'm looking for, its the best one I have.   What I hope to share are activities in my life that aim to enrich, entertain, or simplify my life.
That about sums it up, that is where this ship is heading, but as with many projects in my life, they rarely end up where I though they were going in the beginning.  So  sit back and hang on, because this train is leaving the station.


Um...  

Toot  Toooot

1 comment:

  1. Max -- I'm so excited to see you in blog world now!! I just read through your posts thus far...great stuff - and it's all Simply Max.

    Sorry, I've been on a small hiatus since the job transition - but hope/plan to get back into it in the next week or so.

    Hope all is well for you and Ashli...talk to you soon.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete