Monday, February 7, 2011

TwelveEleven months from now

I have noticed that the end of the year is a busy time for blog writers. It is a time of artificial transition. I know what you are thinking, it is a very real transition from 2010 to 2011, or whichever year it may be. The artificial transition that i refer to is the same as the one that takes place that one day of the year when everyone asks "So do you feel older today?". Although that question would be just as relevant any day of the year, it is most definitely considered a birthday question. When you step back and think about it, your life doesn't change much from December 31st to January 1st. Sure most people get to take the day off work on the 1st, but for some reason you still don't hear a lot of people making Labor Day resolutions. None the less the new year has become a time to look back at the last year of our lives and plan for the next, so here I am looking and planning.

Now, I have never been much of a New Years resolution type of person. I have always thought that if something is so important to you that you need a holiday to tell the world you are going to do it, then what is wrong with starting today? so this list is not going to be a list of resolutions, but rather some goals for 2011 (after all the world is going to end in 2012 so time is against me here). Everything on this list is something that I will write about as it happens. This list serves a duel purpose, and that is for both content and accountability.

Content I am still getting the hang of the writing thing, and although I have been told that people would like to read what i have to say, I am not 100% convinced. This list will give me some initial things to talk about, and maybe if I'm lucky it will even be interesting.

Accountability I have a good friend, who likes to stress the importance of accountability in your life. As I understand it, the theory is based on the idea that, if you tell someone you are going to do something, you are more likely to do that thing than if you say nothing. I'm not sure if he is full of baloney or not, but I'm going to give it a try.

Without further delay, this is what I want to do this year.

  • Record all my board gaming this year on Board Game Geek.  Last year I started to keep a detailed log, but lost focus and it soon fizzled out.  This year I hope to keep at it all year.
  • Earn $100 doing something other than my job.  I'm sure this isn't too hard but the goal is just to get me thinking.  I don't have any distinct idea how I will do it yet, but I will.
  • Lose 35 pounds during the live healthy challenge work. last year I lost about 30 and put all but 5 back on.  If I lose 35 this year that will put me 40 pounds below my last year weight.
  • Reconnect with 12 Friends whom I don't talk to enough any more.  I have too many friends that I have lost contact with, I would like to get back in touch with them.
  • Receive 30 Blog visits, although I'm not sure how I will confirm this.  If you are reading this you could help me out by posting a comment so I can count you all.  
  • Write 100 Posts, which over a year comes out to about two per week.  Since I am more than a month into the year, I am going to need a few more than that.
  • Play all of my Un-played Games.  I have several games in my closet which haven't hit the table yet, and I would like to fix that.  This is a goal that I don't think will be to hard meet, as there are not too many on the list, and I am looking forward to trying them all.
There you have it, the list of the year... at leas the last eleven months of it.  I'll keep everyone posted  as I progress.  Well it looks like I have plenty of work to do.  I'll be back.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment