Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Do Dew, or Not To Do Dew?

I am about a third of the way through the Live Healthy America challenge.  This is a 100 day challenge to lead healthier lives ( i.e. weight loss).  The challenge is sponsored through my work, and involves forming a team.  this is my second year participating in the challenge, and last year i did quite well.  I lost around 30 pounds.  This year however, my progress is a bit slow, and I am trying to bring myself to make the final step and eliminate Mountain Dew from my diet.  This is something that I did last year, but have not fully committed to this year.

Somewhere I have read that to loose weight you should avoid drinking calories.  Well drinking soda is pretty much nothing but drinking calories.  Last year when I started loosing weight I switched to drinking mostly water and tea, but after the diet was over, I fell in love with that golden elixir of the gods all over again.  I have already cut my consumption down to one can a day, from about two or three, but I'm not sure its enough.

well... If my weight hasn't gone down at the next weigh in, I think im going to have to do it.  I'll let you know on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment